Monday, July 30, 2007

I'm a Proverbs 31:7 Husband



"P31 dolls are specifically designed to provide a Bible-based, Christian alternative to other secular toys on the market, and to encourage young girls to pursue biblical womanhood. Elisabeth stands 18 inches tall, has beautiful blue eyes, long blonde hair, and a contemporary outfit. Elisabeth comes with an accessory kit, containing a Bible lesson (based on Proverbs 31:20), two cookie-cutters, a cookie recipe, and a list of exciting activities."

Now that I know something like this is available, I no longer worry about daughters being raised by dads with Skin Industries shirts or mothers with those stupid stripper posed angel and devil window decals. Now all I have to worry about is the little girls who play with these dolls growing up to marry closeted homosexuals and getting a divorce after they've produced another generation of marriage-loving Christians.

But hey- there's at least one thing off of my list to pray about.

I'm guessing P 31 stands for Proverbs 31- as in girls should be raised to be like the woman described in Proverbs 31. I guess that because the doll comes with a Bible lesson based on Proverbs 31:20. Who knows what I'd be willing to give for a copy of that lesson?

Just to mention it in passing, is the blanched pallor of death skin tone really fitting for a girl who's supposed to be out planting vineyards?

2 comments:

Christopher Frazier said...

Apparently the people who wrote the copy are from Canada. Those boots sure are contemporary.

I'm a little surprised Elizabeth doesn't come with a prescription for Valium.

Jeremy said...

Mine is a Proverbs 31:10 (NIV) wife: a wife of "no bull" character . . .