Thursday, January 24, 2008

Warhellride: Sublating The Onion


There are those moments in life when words fail to communicate precisely or truly the depth, severity, or intensity of a thing. We could call those moments sublime. The thing is just the thing, but our response to it, or lack of in that moment, is beneath articulation. It is, by it's nature inexplicable. Once it is described, the purity of the moment is lost.

Those pure moments may be followed by laughter, anger, an awareness of some need, devotion, piety, silence, frustration, eloquent or stilted expression. Whatever it might be, trying to rest in that preceding moment is difficult. God has given us drugs, but even better, this:

You must go to this site. I cannot say in strong enough terms, how good it will be for you to go here and know this exists.

It is pure purity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Robert, I couldn't find your email so I thought I'd leave a comment. I meant to make contact with you after AAR but it slipped my mind. Anyways, I was wondering if you'd be up for doing coffee or beer in the near future and talking shop? Send me an email when you get a chance.

Wess