Sunday, September 17, 2006

I Wash My Hands, I Wash My Face, I Wash My Arsenal


Ever the loser, I selected Reading for my team to care about in the English Premier League. Well, I guess if I were really a loser, I'd have picked Sheffield. Or I wouldn't like soccer at all. I suppose picking Reading still makes me a bit of a frontrunner. That was my fear in picking a team, which is why I didn't pick Arsenal. I like Arsenal- but secretly. I like the international make up of the club. I like the weird statistic that they have the most ethnically diverse fan base in England. And it doesn't hurt that they are good. Yikes- Lehmann just took one in the face!

So Reading. It might be self-deceptive to pick a promoted team with an incredible streak as an underdog. They keep winning. They have made me very happy so far. So the charge of frontrunner might still be made. Well, eat it, Swindon pig.

No comments: