Monday, April 20, 2009

If We Only Knew What Made for Peace


This will be it for some time.

By "it" I mean the last post of my interwebs journal.

But no one needs to feel abandoned or that this is any kind of end. If the past is indicative of the future, I would bet any future posts could be distilled to the following:

We are prone to believing self-serving fictions.

We are reluctant to be wary of our motives.

Our voodoo is faith, their faith is voodoo.

Boy, we like to be certain.

If history has any lessons, as a movement, we evangelicals today are probably on the wrong side of justice.

A mix of the above is the most insidious of idols.

We sacrifice real people to these idols.

The good news is God offers freedom from this trap.

As far as freedom goes, we have to make it up as we go along and this terrifies us, so we opt to believe self-serving fictions.

and...

I like my wife and kid.

So there we go.

My Last Album Isn't Coda, Thank God
Talking Heads:77- Talking Heads

4 comments:

Sean Christopher said...

Why didn't you just say this up ron and save us the time it takes to read this whole blog!

Robin M. said...

Good luck with your real life - with babies and work and all that. Would you let me know if you start another blog somewhere someday?

And I still hope that one day we'll meet in person.

Skybalon said...

-Sean- You read the whole blog? A display of interest like that makes me think I should continue. Okay. I'll pull an Axl Rose and spend a decade working on my next post.

-Robin- Thanks. I can use good luck. I will let you know and I'd bet meeting in person is something we'll do someday.

Sean Christopher said...

up ron.