Thursday, April 09, 2009

Ow My Freakin' Ears


The library was going to open late this morning so the fire alarms could be tested. That makes good sense. You don't want people being confused or unsettled by horrible noise in a library of all places.

Unfortunately that testing was not done... not even started by the time we opened.

So the testing was done... is being done with a library full of patrons and employees.

It's loud.

Loud... no, that doesn't communicate what exactly it's like...

Let me think. If there is a tranquil, still, quiet center of the universe, we are at the point furthest from-
Yes- especially if it is, in fact, an infinite universe-
We are infinitely proceeding away from quiet stillness.

It's like a jackhammer and Fran Drescher had a baby- and this baby had colic- that's kind of how it is in here.

If loud were to be weaponized- it would be this.

It's so loud my eyes hurt.

It's so loud I am going to stick sharpened golf pencils in my ears and welcome the forever nothing that follows.

It's a loud that can induce vomiting.

It's the devil's loud.

It's a loud that transcends the meaning of loud because loud suggests hearing and this loud makes hearing impossible.

So why don't I just get up and leave? Good question. That's what any reasonable person would do.

I have.

Again and again.

I think I'm done for the day.

No comments: