Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The Teen Choice Awards are on tonight but I've only seen glimpses of it as my wife is flipping through the channels. I've been a high school teacher and done youth ministry for some time and am perfectly aware of the dumb choices teenagers can make. However, I don't think I believe the choices teens make are as stupid as the ones that Fox would have me believe. Let me restate that, I don't the think what teens would choose to celebrate is exceptionally stupid or any less stupid than the that worshipped by everyone else. The vapid celebrities, the skin, the horrible, horrible writing and glorification of pap are not specific to teens so I think a better name is in order.

1 comment:

Aaron C said...

I would like to propose that the name of the Teen Choice awards be changes to, "The Glorification of Sloth, Iniquity, and Vaninty in our Socitey Gala"