Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Four Hour Window


I have technicians (that sounds scary) coming to my house at some point today to see if my DSL connection can be fixed. That should be the perfect opportunity for government operatives to fill my house with all kinds of monitoring equipment.

In a reply to a comment the other day I mentioned why I would not find it incredible to discover I am being monitored by some government agency... maybe the Glendora Unified SD PTA or the LA County library. I listed the various bits of info. that taken alone are pretty mundane, but considered all together could suggest something more nefarious to the paranoid (hey that's me, I'm the paranoid).

I would bet, at the very least, the illegal persistent cookies in my browser from the various .govs I visit, and my subsequent visits to Christian Peacemaker Teams, and Al Jazeera would earn an honorable mention. I hope you checked out the links. Let me know if you experience any difficulties with your electronic communication devices in the near future.

Maybe I'm being monitored, maybe not. It's not likely, but also not an impossibility. To be honest it would be quite flattering. In any case, by the end of the day I hope my DSL is working again, the vans in the street are gone, and the faint beeping and clicking on the phone line are cleared up.

Thanks iTunes
Tonight, Tonight- Smashing Pumpkins
Rock Lobster- The B-52's
The Big Country- Talking Heads
My Beloved Monster- The Eels
Muzzle of Bees- Wilco
Island In The Sun- Weezer
As Ugly As I Seem- The White Stripes
Italian Leather Sofa- Cake
Crazy- Patsy Cline

No comments: