Friday, January 06, 2006

Fun, Laughs, Good Time


Speaking of cultural insight, The American Family Association is already protesting NBC's The Book of Daniel. I don't know if it's a good show or not. I do know you can't see it in Little Rock or Terre Haute. I do know the show's creator has said, "It's about a family that loves each other unconditionally and is ready to catch each other when they fall. I was always very clear with the writers and actors that this was never meant to make fun of or mock Christianity. It was always a show about people of faith who believe in Jesus Christ as their savior." Hmmm, that sounds kind of gay to me. Well, maybe not, but the shows creator is gay and the AFA said this offends them.

The AFA has also said "this was not a realistic portrayal of a minister's life." But Doc on the PAX network "is a realistic portrayal of a good doctor with a mullet," and "The Father Dowling Mysteries is a realistic portrayal "of Tom Bosley and a nun fighting crime." Well they didn't actually say those last two things but they really like those shows and I guess realism is one of their criteria for likeability.

(Quick Interrupt: I am in Starbucks and across from me is a slick business guy type in his late 30's or early 40's. He just pulled out his phone to call someone and say, "Dude, you wouldn't believe these chicks that just walked in... These chicks are so hot.")

So I'll be watching The Book of Daniel tonight at 9 on NBC.

No comments: