Monday, May 14, 2007

Zing


Stay Gold
skybalon: Did you know Susan Hinton was 16 when she wrote The Outsiders? Can you believe that; what were you doing when you were sixteen?
Qweenbeen: Nothing good
...

Qweenbeen: Meeting you.

If There's Such a Thing as Love, I'm In It
skybalon: ... I also don't think it makes any sense having a category like gay because it assumes there is something that is not gay that we understand as anything clear or that we can look at something and say "see, that's heterosexuality; that's homosexuality." I think it has more to do with how we come to understand our own sexuality and want to describe ourselves as normal against something vague. I mean how old were you when you knew what gay was?
Qweenbeen: ... How old was I when I met you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is the argument that "we only know what sunshine is because we experience rain." I think we can say we better know what sunshine is because of rain but I don't like having our definition of stuff be based on opposites or contrasts. That said everyone is a partly gay.
-aaronc