Sunday, June 08, 2008

You Could Learn A Lot from a Dummy


Hey remember when that David Jeremiah Wright guy said "God damn America" and everyone was upset that Obama knew him 'cos it's not nice to say "God damn anything" let alone America even though God would at least have to be the kind of "thing" that would damn something given the right conditions or circumstances so saying "God damn whatever" would at least have to be a possibility and given how big America is and all the things that did or could have conceivably occurred in time, if not history, the phrase "God damn America" may actually be a pretty plain thing to say or failing that at least remains within the realm of the kinds of things a religious person would say?

Well, I was just seeing if you remember how upset so many people were that he said that. It's funny what people will get upset about.

What's with you people? David Wright? David!? How would you let that slide? Lazy writer. Lazy consumer.
Is it that you don't care?
Is it that you didn't notice? Did it slip by because you knew what I meant despite what I wrote? (Thereby demonstrating my point that you actually do create something when reading)
I meant Jeremiah but for some reason wrote David. David Wright is formerly my boss/dean. I don't know if he said "God damn anything". Jeremiah Wright is the one that we care said "God damn America".
How is it that no one said anything about that?
Are you indicating that what is said here doesn't really matter? I don't assume it does"matter", but if
you do, then this is the kind of thing about which you might say something.
Are you assuming that what I say must be the way it is? You shouldn't. I'm just me.
Were you sparing my feelings? That's neither kind nor necessary in this context.
So, even my errors have something to say?
Truly brilliant.

No comments: