Saturday, September 13, 2008

NEW CONTEST NEW CONTEST


Long time readers of my globe spanning net diary are probably mushy about the middle but also likely know that I have contests- real contests with real prizes. Here's another:

Craft a more empty applause line than the following:
"But I can't wait to introduce her to Washington DC, when the big spenders and the old boy network, the pork barrelers, the earmarkers, the business as usual, the country-second, me first bureaucrats in Washington and the special interest, she'll take them on like she did in Alaska and we'll return this government back to the people of this country."

It has everything:* grammatical errors, empty symbols, ironic self-reference/glaring self-"un"awareness. How can you beat that? I don't know, but you can try.

Of course you can be petty and pick an Obama line, but that's not crafting one of your own, so I'd have to send Obama the prize if he wins. And unlike politicians, their speechwriters, or production interns tasked with finding images of Walter Reed to go with their convention, I know how to use the Googles.

I've already got a prize in mind for this one, and, boy, is it great.

Submit your entry in the comments. Winners of previous contests are perfectly free to win again.

* Wow, so many colons so close to each other. Is that too graphic?

2 comments:

Robin M. said...

I give up. I can't beat it. I don't even want to waste time trying.

Can we have a new contest now?

Skybalon said...

Oh, that's no fun-
Though I think I agree with you giving it unbeatable status.