Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Horse and an Aardvark Go on a Date...


At some level I felt like apologizing for wanting to see Semi-Pro. I will find plenty of funny about it and people smarter than me would say it's a tired old trick. But that's funny too. And now I read this:
"I'm trying to totally exhaust people's capacity for seeing me in these types of movies."
I don't know how that lets me off the hook. I don't entirely know that I'm on a hook, but now, this seems to make it even funnier to me.

There was a summer that Camp Roommate and I were comedy gold. He and I would perform the song Wipeout. He banged out the rhythm on an overturned pot and I would groan the melody while dancing. We thought it was fun to do, but funny to perform, especially because the song lends itself to never ending. I don't mean that the act itself was all that funny, but the performance of it as a thing was funny. So we performed it as a joke early in the summer and were requested to perform it throughout the summer. Some people thought the act itself was funny, most people didn't- but performing it was a joke and doing it over and over made it even funnier to me. There was a "How am I not myself" moment, but pushing something beyond the point of possibly funny, through awkward, to absurd is hilarious to me.

I also think this is funny:

No comments: