Friday, March 17, 2006

When You're Slapped, You'll Take It and Like It


-When you explore that cave, you should take oxygen tanks, there is the very good possibility of encountering gasses that can prove deadly to you and your party.
-What are you talking about hippy? There won't be any gasses in there, it would be a waste of time and energy to take oxygen tanks with us. We're just gonna run right in and out. It's a quick jaunt to the main cavern where we'll just grab the jade monkey and hop right back out.
-Well I have no doubt how quickly you can get in and out, I just think it's a mistake to go without oxygen tanks.
-Well I think you're stupid.
-You know it's my job to know about stuff like this, I know what I'm talking about when I say you will have people die if you come across these poisonous gasses and don't have the right stuff with you.
-What are you a psychic? Nobody knows the future. See you later, jerk- Hellooo spelunking.

...

-Holy crap we got people dropping like flies in there. pant pant Geez, there's like these crazy fumes that are killing a bunch of us. We got about 1000 feet into the cave and, man, pant pant people just started keeling over from these crazy gasses. Who would've thought that could happen? I mean poison gasses! Really, who could've seen that coming?
-Are you serious... I told you not even a moment ago that this could happen. I said if you went in there without oxygen tanks you would-
-"Could," you said, "could" and "if" and things of that nature. Besides you're talking about, like, alternate realities and stuff. You're trying to say that in some ideal universe of forms, maybe, that there is a perfect picture of how this could've turned out. I'm in the real world, we have no way of knowing if oxygen tanks would've saved us form poison gasses.
- Blink... blink
-What? ... Well, we don't.
-Well did you get the jade monkey?
-Turns out there's no jade monkey... and you're fired.

BE A WINNER
Now's your chance to be like Danny. Be the first to correctly tell me where the Red Letter Headline in this post is from and who said and you'll win this:
The Star Wars Treasury of Storybooks!
That's right, FREE STAR WARS STUFF!

2 comments:

Bob Ramsey said...

The Maltese Falcon

I know it's in the book, so I'm assuming it's in the film too.

But since I don't live with my parents, can I trade the books for the stash box?

Skybalon said...

Prizes are nontransferable. But I suppose Danny might be willing to trade the stashbox for the storybooks. Although why you would want to trade is beyond me. These books have some great pictures inside and take you back to a time when homework was as easy as putting action figures in a shoe box. Well, at least they take me back to a time when I could make a diorama that way. These days the dioramas I have to make are much more difficult.