Friday, February 16, 2007

US to Attack US


MY PRESIDENT says that he will do what he has to do to protect our soldiers from Iranians who are killing American soldiers. That might include bombing Iran, kidnapping Iranians, killing Iranians or anything else that Iran might take as an act of war. He says this because Iranian components have been found in a handful of explosive devises being used in Iraq against coalition forces.

This may be the case- it's hard to know when the boy has really seen a wolf. And if he really has seen a wolf- it's hard to know where the wolf came from or what the wolf is doing. After all, the boy has a record of being mistaken or mendacious and as far as the facts go, Iran is largely Shi'ah but in Iraq, Americans are being killed by Sunnis. I know, I know, it's hard to tell who's who- they're all brown.

Think of the Shi'ah as the brown people that clean your house or cook your food and the Sunnis as the brown people you encounter in public. You probably don't like any of them, but at least you know how to handle the brown people that do your dirty work. Those brown people on the street might know their place or they might not. They might rob you, they might not. You don't know. You can't trust them. You'd better call the cops to get rid of them.

So the brown people who do our cooking in Iraq are some of the ones we found to have these components. Eh, maybe you're just as scared about that. That's probably part of the plan. Our war experts and apologists told us that there is no difference or conflict between Sunnis and Shia- they're all brown. The Arab world is largely controlled by Sunni Muslims, and most Muslims are Sunni, it's probably a factor to consider but I don't think we're supposed to care about or consider that. Just be afraid.

Anyway, what's all this for? Well it's probably an excuse for an attack on Iran. I mean if it's Iranian bombs that are killing American soldiers, doesn't it make sense to punish Iran? Sure. But what do we do about the American weapons that are being used to kill Americans?

Someone could say that we already are punished by war profiteers and the rule of corporate plutocrats. Maybe we have exactly what we deserve by letting it stand for so long. I doubt you are one of the top .5%, so you probably are being punished. But you probably don't feel it as much as these guys. We probably deserve a little bit more than horrible debt, a wholly undemocratic economic system, declining wages, a regressive tax structure, and the illusion of representative government. I wonder what it will be.

(Ooh look how that sentence is tense- do I mean we deserve more because human dignity requires more than what we have- or do I mean we deserve more because we most certainly should be punished? Now why would I go and lift the veil like that? Why coudn't I just let it be? Like I worry about self-seriousness so much- like it's a shame to care about anything.)

Hey, Rocky, Watch Me Pull a Massacre Out of My Hat
Rock Is Dead- Marilyn Manson
Clumsy Grandma...- Ya Lo Tengo
Breed- Nirvana
Here Today- The Beach Boys
Hand In Glove- The Smiths
You Are The Sunshine of My Life- Stevie Wonder
Potshot Heard Round the World- Dead Kennedys
Join Together- The Who

2 comments:

Skybalon said...

Dammit!
See this is why I waste time writing blog posts when I have a thousand other things to do. I'm watching the Daily Show this morning while I eat lunch and what do I see? My joke.
I started this freakin' post even before MY PRESIDENT's press conference but put it off to take care of "responsibilities." And what's my reward? The appearance of joke stealing.
Damn wiener ass!
Oh sure I could show verification that the file was created at 11:50 AM on Monday, but once the accusation is out there what can I do?
So that settles it- I'm no longer putting off posting to take care of other things.

Aaron C said...

First of all Boohoohoo, people have been stealing my A-material for years remember the one about the drum stick and the crotch. Secondly I'm a little concerned about your use of brown. I feel that it might not cover all possible shades, how about a more generic term like "non-whites", or "Those that shall not tan."