Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Give Us a Break, It's Hard To Squeeze Caring Into a Couple Hours On Sunday Morning


"The heart which has been made free with the freedom of Christ cannot be indifferent to the human longings for deliverance from economic, political or social oppression."
Samuel Escobar, Peruvian theologian.

So what are you saying? Are you saying just because I don't care to do anything to change economic, political, or social oppression, I'm indifferent? Maybe I have other things to do. Maybe I'm perfectly happy the way things are. Maybe I don't want people in my congregation to go elsewhere if I challenge them. Maybe, I've convinced myself I don't contribute to economic, political or social oppression. Did you ever think of that? So, I'm not free!? I'm not really a Christian!? Where do you get off saying what I can and can't do? Oooh you make me so mad with your presumptions! What do you know, Peruvian jerk!?

No comments: