Friday, August 22, 2008

That Was A Freebie


Somebody with more resources or access to video equipment than I should put together a fight scene of sorts wherein McCain and critics are fighting and a la Batman (the wonderful TV series), McCain always responds with a POW accompanied with a trumpet blare.

At first it'll work a bit, but then the POW defense loses it's effect with the critics just standing there as McCain swings away with POW AFTER POW...

How many houses do you have? POW

What exactly is heroic about dropping bombs on civilians in North Viet Nam? POW

Why does being in a prison camp qualify you to be president? POW

How does marrying an heiress (an heiress you had to leave your wife to snatch up) make you a self-made man? POW

Is there any problem you don't think can be solved with bombs? POW

So you can't specify an income level that makes someone "rich" but you think the bottom is somewhere above five million dollars? POW

What's the difference between Sunni and Shia? POW

How does owning a home with his and hers dressing cabanas keep you in touch with average Americans? POW

Doesn't your immediate call to respond militarily to Russia followed by a retraction days later, actually impugn the statesmanlike judgment you claim is your greatest asset? Doesn't it make you seem like a hothead who shouldn't be trusted with a military? POW POW POW



Of course, give crediit to me once you've put it all together.

2 comments:

Joliene said...

They did something like that on the Colbert Report... It was a green screen challenge and someone used Batman stunts in that way... Colbert added the "POW" which the artists somehow didn't think of.

Skybalon said...

I know, when I saw that I was at once flattered and wistful for my lost calling.
I am glad my posts are datestamped because I can actually say "That's my joke" with some sense of validation.
Really that only matters with The Qweenbeen. Her usual response to my joke claims is an eye role, but this time it was an eye role with, "Great, finish your dissertation".