Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Well You'd Better Go Catch It


I think I embarrassed Jon and Aaron Monday. They came over to help me redo the floor in our front room. Which looks great. Normally, in a situation like that I embarrass myself by shooting a nail into my hand (building a set for Jeremiah) or falling from scaffolding (plastering the Trader Joe's on Mission). This time I embarrassed myself with a runny nose. That doesn't sound so bad, but runny doesn't really describe how much snot was flowing from my face.

I couldn't sniff fast or hard enough to keep the thin watery mucus off my lips, shirt, floor, saw, hands, and pants. Drugs were useless. Blowing my nose didn't help; I couldn't keep up with the flow. Wiping my nose with my sleeves just covered my face with sawdust and tore up my nostrils and lips. I soaked through two t-shirts tied around my face like bandanas.

So for the better part of the day, I was leaving a trail of slime everywhere I went. Jon poured salt on me and he and Aaron finished the last part of the floor pretty much on their own.

They both think I'm basically the greatest guy on earth so it was hard for them to see me in such a weakened state.

That night, I crammed tampons in my nostrils and they quickly filled and expanded- stretching my nose into an engorged purple bulb of clogged pores and chapped flesh. Sad.

Oh and just so I can say I said it: If King Kong isn't the greatest movie ever made, then something else is!

No comments: