Monday, May 22, 2006

2nd Guess


People hate it when I deconstruct my jokes. To them I say two things:
1. Sometimes the deconstruction of a joke is a joke in itself
2. Sometimes it's necessary

I thought I could express the silliness of a "gay" channel and the absurdity of expressing identity via reified actions in my last post. I don't think I did... well I don't think I did it successfully. Instead, I think I came across kind of jerky.

I'm not going to begin the practice of deleting posts; that would kind of go against what I think words are and what they can do. But I have to admit, I am often not as clever as I think I am. But then again, sometimes I am more clever than I think I am. So I guess it all balances out. I mean, if you're feet are frozen and your head's on fire, everything's okay right?

No comments: