Tuesday, May 23, 2006

This Is What It's Comes To


Russ Feingold is getting ready for a pretty big play, when that time comes, I'll be here to let you know what it is with the Daily Feingold. Until then, this is what I offer:
Conan O'Brien is stealing my jokes.
To Wit-
Conan O’Brien: “Senator Arlen Specter and Senator Russ Feingold got into a shouting match over the issue of gay marriage. They were screaming at each other, yeah. As a result, Specter and Feingold have cancelled their wedding in the Florida Keys.

You might say that my post about Russ and Arlen's spat is not the same as Conan's because it is not a word for word copy. I say the similarities come from the suggestion of a relationship between Russ and Arlen. I know that was easy and hardly missed by most anyone who read the story, so you could say that Conan (or Conan's writers) simply copied life and not me (or the countless other people that made the same joke) but bear this in mind: I think the subtlety with which I approached the joke and the suggested punchline makes it a superior joke. Since my joke is better, nay the best, any other joke is a corrupted copy of the ideal joke- mine. How's that for medieval wonk?

But really, it was a terribly easy, lame joke, what is Conan paying his writers for?

No comments: