Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Oh That Liberal Media and GAMES, GAMES, GAMES


Or at least GAME, GAME
Could the lies of the media be any more clear than they are in this headline: CIA Running Secret Terror Jails? If it's a secret, how does anyone know? Liberal media, indeed.

Feeling Generous
So how about some more games? I just thought of two. Now a less giving blogger (I am totally okay with the identity now) would give you one game now and save the other for a less fruitful period. But not me. I give and I give, even when I have other things that I need to do. So here are the games:

1.) I give a word that no longer means what it used to mean. For example, "literally," as in, "You will 'literally' die when I tell you this story." This is a great one because it is now used to mean the opposite of what it really means. That would be worth more points.

Let's begin with "interrogate." As in:
"The Red Cross is investigating CIA 'interrogation' tactics."
Can you guess what it means?

Why don't you try uncovering some of your own?

Here's another game:
You know how a band like Led Zeppelin can create really lame songs like All Of My Love and The Crunge or really great songs like Communication Breakdown and Ten Years Gone By? Or the Wachowski brothers can make Matrix Revolutions and The Matrix, George Lucas- The Phantom Menace and Empire Strikes Back. Well looking at any one of those things someone could say, "Oh this is the end of Led Zeppelin- when they put out a song like The Crunge you know it's over." Then "wham" they hit you with an album like Physical Graffiti. Or you're watching The Matrix and think, "I can't wait for the rest of the story," then they they crap the next two movies all over you. If you got off the Zeppelin bus at The Crunge you would've missed Houses of the Holy but you'd still want to get off before All Of My Love. It's a gamble.

Anyway, I will pick a person, event, or some other cultural phenomena and you guess whether or not you should "hop on the bus, "sit tight," or pull the "stop request" cord.


Madonna as a Children's Book Author
Emergent Churches
I bet you thought I would put Karl Rove on this list... okay
Karl Rove

Overture- The Who
Where It's At- Beck
Maria- Rage Against the Machine
Spanish Flea- Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass
Tonight, Tonight- Smashing Pumpkins
Blessed To Be A Witness- Ben Harper
Exodus- Bob Marley
My Own Worst Enemy- Lit
Mi Par D'Essere Con la Testa- The Barber of Seville

2 comments:

Paddy O said...

On Turner Classic Movies this afternoon I spent a few moments watching The Gay Divorcee.

Oh, and if I was feeling snarky I could say the Democratic Party. They used to believe in votes and elections you see, hence Democratic. Now these seem like pesky irritations in their quest to impose change.

Fortunately I'm not feeling at all snarky so I won't say that.

Paddy O said...

Game 2:

Stop
Sit tight, they have to finally emerge at some point
stop (bet you're surprised I said that)

Here's mine:
Madonna as anything
Reformed theology
and finally...
the Bush Political Machine