Thursday, April 06, 2006

Dave's Not Here, Man


Remember how I said if I take my hernia pain medication I'm worthless for school? I actually said, "perfect" but I used it ironically. Anyway, here's an example of what the drugs do to me at school:

The beanroy what disciples would I use ti examine an aefcaikit just trying to undertsand th and theyh movr to the voogg og her e, O am d .the questions themselves don’t make any sense – to reqad asam fallkinf asllee omn calasl

Seriously, these are my notes from my "Knowledge and Culture" class. What is it?

I think, if I can make any claim to remembering correctly at all, we were talking about how we might categorize certain statements. I have no idea why the word "disciples" would be in there unless I meant disciplines. And what's "beanroy"? Google asks if I might mean beanery. But that doesn't help. Beanery? In Foucault? Maybe.

I guess I could take some more Vicodin and see if I can get back to that state of mind, but then I would only understand me while I was high. Not only does it make no sense, I have no access to the me that wrote that. My drug induced ramblings might as well be a series of eeks and okks for all the sense they make.

I wonder if this is why I can't understand Rush Limbaugh.

No comments: