Friday, April 14, 2006

Nic Harcourt's Got Nothing On Me


If you ever happen to glance down at my random playlists you may notice that I rock. I rock hard. I don't mean all the music I listen to is "Rock." I mean I rule musically, and to rule musically is to rock. I rule musically hard. I'm like a genuinely eclectic Morning Becomes Eclectic, or a Jack radio that doesn't suck. Bowie, Holst, X, Queen, Air, Chemical Brothers, Autolux, Madlib, Rossini, Wilco, Miles Davis, Tito Puente, Neil Young, Public Enemy, Devo, Kings of Leon, but no Warrant, Damn Yankees or Petra- you never know what's gonna play next but you know it's not going to suck.

I'm glad to rock. I'm glad to rock in public with headphones as I read or type away. But I don't want to be the guy that nods his head or taps his feet because he thinks he rocks. I know I rock without having to make too public a display about it. This post notwithstanding, you won't find me making a public display of my rocking. You won't see me closing my eyes, biting my lower lip, tapping my feet, playing air drums, bobbing my head, or chair dancing. Any of those things do not correspond to rocking hard.

Eat It Like This
Rage Against The Machine- Testify
Brick House- The Commodores
Red Rain- The White Stripes
Can't Get Enough of Your Love- Barry White
The National Anthem- Radiohead
Warning Sign- Talking Heads

1 comment:

Skybalon said...

Not only SERIOUSLY, gaywd. CONFIDENTLY and AGGRESSIVELY!!

ncwfgzsn- out!