Wednesday, April 19, 2006

"I Want to Spend More Time Not Commenting on Things with My Family"


WASHINGTON -- White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove gave up some of his responsibilities and White House press secretary Scott McClellan announced his resignation today, continuing a shakeup in President Bush's administration that has already yielded a new chief of staff.

AP via LA Times

I guess all this time I've misunderstood the term "shakeup."

In this sense, my wife has really shaken things up around here by putting away the holiday decorations. I'm going to go shake things up outside and dig up an old dying rosebush so we can replace it with another.

I like this usage. I'm going to try to use it at least once a day for the next week and see how it changes my outlook on things.

High School Me would've been the perfect replacement for Scott McClellan. Back then I could not comment on ongoing investigations with the best of them... unless of course it benefited me to do otherwise. I could easily pretend to take offense at legitimate questions regarding my actions or character. I was great at deflecting attention from what I did or participated in. And boy, could I give misleading and confusing answers to direct questions- over, and over, and over again.

If only I hadn't found that unused conscience and tried it on. It fits to well to get rid of it now. Oh well, two paths in a yellowed wood and all that.

No comments: