Friday, April 14, 2006

The End of an Era


I'm a little embarrassed to admit this. I'm finding it difficult to wake up these mornings. I need to get up and out of the house early, otherwise my days are too short, but Starbucks has stopped selling my favorite pastry: the Cinnamon Twist.
Now, when my alarm goes off, I lie in bed and actually think, "Why should I get up... there are no Cinnamon Twists waiting for me?"

I go to bed about midnight and wake up around 5 AM. The Cinnamon Twists sold out fast, so if I wanted that perfect combination of flakey pastry, frosting, sugar and cinnamon, I had to get there early. When people heard about the hours I kept, they thought I was very dedicated and disciplined. It was really only the thought of an Americano paired with the greatest pastry ever baked that made it possible for me to face the dark and cold. I used to always be up before the sun, now... why do anything? I still stay up late working, but in the morning, I struggle against sleep. It's taking a little more time every day.

How Long Will You Lie There, Oh Sluggard?
Tame- Pixies
Ed Is Dead- Pixies
Low LIght- Pearl Jam
Stay Away- Nirvana
Gaite Pariseienne- Offenbach
Chameleon- Herbie Hancock

No comments: