Wednesday, April 19, 2006

If You Hate America So Much, Why Don't You Go Live in China?


MIAMI - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday left it to a lower court to decide the case of two Chinese Muslim Uighurs held indefinitely at Guantanamo while the Bush administration seeks a nation to shelter them as religious refugees.

Knight Ridder via Kansas City Star

A.) If you ever use the expression "begging the question" to mean, "well that demands we ask the question..." you have used it incorrectly. That's probably not a big deal. Why, only today I misused the word "her" in a post- twice at that. But I would guess you still knew what I meant.

In the article linked above though, the expression is used correctly. See if you can guess how it is really supposed to be used.

There is no prize for guessing correctly. Only Danny and Bob play my reindeer games. The rest of you... what, cash prizes aren't good enough for you? No more games until someone wins the last Red Letter Headline Game!

This is absurd, I'm giving away 55 cents and all you have to do is guess where the quote came from. What apathy! What laziness! What utter lack of initiative!

Oh how can I stay mad at you? There'll be more games.

B.) I am surprised that someone has not yet picked up on this story to say how silly we are to worry about the goings on in Guantanamo. People are saying how silly it is to worry about the goings on in Guantanamo, but no one has yet said something like, "See, these guys would rather be in Guantanamo than China- how bad can it be?"

I've been shaking things up today, so let me be the first to say it:

See, these guys would rather be in Guantanamo than China- how bad can it be? They get to "kick a soccer ball around a tiny field and watch videos." That's more than I get to do these days... If I were a right wing jerk would I now say something about the "system" working or would I complain that these guys have it too good? No, I think I would attack liberals for hating America and these Chinese guys so much that they would demand they be freed and returned to their home countries where they would likely be tortured and killed. No one has said that, but no matter, it feels like a good sucker punch. So there it is.

Guantanamo is good. The System is working. Liberals want to destroy life and freedom.

No comments: