Saturday, April 15, 2006

Happy Easter, Mommy


I was a social worker for some time after college. I did case management for adolescents and children with mulitple psychiatric hospitalizations. There were many frustrating and depressing things about the job. One was how much blame fell on the shoulders of a kid becasue they were diagnosed with a mental illness though it was the whole family that was screwed up. The most chaotic, destructive, abusive dynamics of a whole family could be focused on the one who conveniently had a label attached to them by a professional.

No no no I don't want you to
If you come down here I'm not going with you I'm serious
I don't have nothing more to say
I have nothing- no no no
I'm serious
I'll just go with Mary Jo on Monday
Anyway it doesn't matter to me
Like I said the only reason I was going tomorrow was to make you and Jean happy
No I always listen to you
Well there's nothing more to say
Just go tomorrow
Whatever your reason is it don;t matter
What? What?
Not really
I've done things to make you unhappy? Oh yeah right.
I don't want you to Joanne
You don't get it
I'll wait 'til Monday
That was Needa's idea for me to come early
I don't care if you're happy or not that's what I'm gonna do
Don't blame her it's not her fault... Needa's
I'm just telling you I just found out about it
She said I'm too sick to go tomorrow
I dunno a cold
But that's the way it is now
Well how far away is Norco from here? It's not that far
Yeah but I could meet you at the grocery store here or something
I don't want to go though all that drama Joanne it's not that important
I'll talk to you later
I don't care... I don't even care. I'm going to church
We could just meet here we don't have to meet at the church. What do you know about Glendora? Do you know where Carrow's restaurant is? Well there you go, we'll meet there
You don't really have to do this Joanne
Okay pick me up there

So I listen to people's cell phone conversations in Starbucks. You should be warned that's what I do. If I'm trying to do homework and you're talking so loud I have to read the same sentence two or three times, I'm going to start typing what you're saying.

No comments: